Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susannah Fossey help !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~*kazza*~

~*kazza*~ Report 7 Aug 2007 19:28

I have her in the 1901 census as susannah storey. This is definately her as I know the rest of the family. The only thing I can find before that is possibly in the birth records but the DOB is 5 years out but everything else tallies and the only one I can find. I do know she was born in London. In 1891 I find her working as a servant. Which was told to me by my granny. So I think this is right. If anyone has any info or could possibly check for me and find her before 1891 I would be most grateful. Thanx

Penny

Penny Report 7 Aug 2007 19:31

born where??anything more than London?

~*kazza*~

~*kazza*~ Report 7 Aug 2007 19:35

Family stories say she was born within the bobells of London, but i dont know what that means. 1901 census says London The one possibly her but 5 years out in age says Whitechapel. Kaz

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Aug 2007 19:37

A 'true' cockney is often said to be someone born within earshot of the Bow Bells, i.e. the bells of St Mary-le-Bow church in Cheapside in the City of London (which is not itself in the East End

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Aug 2007 19:43

is this her in 1881? Susannah Fossy abt 1864 London, Middlesex, England Servant Gressingham she could be the one born 1863 whitechapel

~*kazza*~

~*kazza*~ Report 7 Aug 2007 19:49

Thats something to look into I didnt see that as the surname is spelt different. This still goes with the story of servant as well. Thanx Kaz

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Aug 2007 19:53

poss birth Susannah Fossey Year of Registration: 1863 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Whitechapel County: London, Middlesex Volume: 1c Page: 355 (click to see others