Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please help birth certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 7 Aug 2007 11:55

Hi There, I have just recieved my great grandmother,s birth certificate. Elsie May Smith, born 1903 Pershore, Worcestershire. Her father was Samuel Smith (Agricultural labourer) and Elizabeth (formerly Carter). I am trying to find them in 1901. Can anyone help please? Thank you Regards Richard

Janice

Janice Report 7 Aug 2007 12:07

Are Samuel and Elizabeth married in 1901? Janice

Richard

Richard Report 7 Aug 2007 12:14

Not sure, sorry Richard

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Aug 2007 17:01

You need to look for the marriage.......it will probably be on freebmd. The marriage cert will tell you the ages of Samuel and Elizabeth, and the names of their fathers, which will help with finding them in censuses. Looking for them without at least knowing how old they were would be virtually impossible. Reg

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Aug 2007 19:22

poss marriage Elizabeth Carter 1890 Jan-Feb-Mar Aston Warwickshire Samuel Smith 1890 Jan-Feb-Mar Aston Warwickshire Samuel Smith Year of Registration: 1890 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Aston County: Warwickshire Volume: 6d Page: 298 (click to see others

Richard

Richard Report 8 Aug 2007 10:51

Thank you, Janice, Reg and Jennifer. Regards Richard