Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 6 Aug 2007 09:35

i cant seem to find any information on my uncle,he was born malcolm kenneth morgan in 1893,but cant find anything else ,like marrage or death,he was born in barnet london,can anyone help thank you joyce from holland

Janice

Janice Report 6 Aug 2007 09:41

Here's the family in 1901 Kenneth Morgan Age: 7 Estimated birth year: abt 1894 Relation: Son Father's name: Malcolm Mother's name: Helen Gender: Male Where born: Barnet, Hertfordshire, England Civil parish: Islington Ecclesiastical parish: St Barnabas County/Island: London Country: England Registration district: Islington Sub-registration district: Highbury Maud D Este 20 Bertie Morgan 4 Helen Morgan 33 Kenneth Morgan 7 Malcolm Morgan 29

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Aug 2007 09:42

Have you viewed the images of the marriage and death records? You are unlikely to find anything on freebmd.........findmypast is probably your least costly option......... Reg

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 09:45

He was a private with the Army Service Corps during WW1. You can download his medal card here: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/details-result.asp?queryType=1&resultcount=1&Edoc_Id=4314848

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 09:47

His service record's on Ancestry - do you have a subscription? He's mistranscribed as Malcoln Morgan.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 10:04

This should be his parents' marriage: Tyler Helen Holborn 1b 824 Morgan Malcolm Bonner Holborn 1b 821 (the correct reference is 1b 824 - 821's a mistake)

dutch

dutch Report 6 Aug 2007 10:15

hi Mary know i dont have sub,but there the right family have had alook on latter day saints and ancestry but found nothing,i know his father was in the army he was malcolm bonner morgan,

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 10:27

I can't see a medal card for his father - did he fight in WW1? The only record I can find on Ancestry is definitely your uncle's, because he was 20 when he joined up in 1914. Ancestry only has pension records, for NCOs and other ranks who were invalided out of the army. It doesn't include officers or people who were killed in action or didn't qualify for a pension. Your uncle was discharged as unfit in 1919 after breaking his leg. Does anyone have time to send the images to Joyce? I'm snowed under with work today, and they take ages to save on my computer. If not, I'll send them this evening.

dutch

dutch Report 6 Aug 2007 10:32

have just looked on nationarchives but it did,nt bring anything up,and kenneth on his birth cert its got malcolm kenneth morgan could anyone have alook on ancestry please and thank you all for your help joyce

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 10:33

This will be his father's death: http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=364600 I got his service number from the message you posted on the 1914-18 forum.

dutch

dutch Report 6 Aug 2007 10:36

thank you Mary his dad was accountant for the 1st surrey riffles he was staff seargent and was 45 when he died in 1914,and i think he was living in house something to do with the army,but thank you for finding my dads brother joyce

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 10:41

The link I gave you above to the National Archives should have worked, but long links sometimes break. Try this one: http://tinyurl*com/224k28 (replace asterisk with dot)

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 10:43

According to the CWGC site, Malcolm Bonner Morgan died on 14/11/1918, not in 1914.

dutch

dutch Report 6 Aug 2007 10:46

sorry Mary your right it was 1918 as i have his death cert,have tried that other link you gave me and its come cant find the page will try and google it

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 10:51

Oh, sorry, presumably the National Archives don't let you link directly to search results. Go to this page and put 'Malcolm Morgan' (in double inverted commas) in the quick search box: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/medals.asp

dutch

dutch Report 6 Aug 2007 11:08

hi Mary found it at the bottom it says 3.50 is that to see the file not very clued up on this

dutch

dutch Report 6 Aug 2007 11:22

thank you Sophie