Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How can I find out where they were married?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gayle

Gayle Report 5 Aug 2007 12:27

Hi I am quite new to G R and have been trying to find out where in Leeds William Parker & Mary Armitage married I found the marriage info from free bmd They married Dec 1859 - Leeds Can I find out the exact date? Can I find out where they married, then visit Family History Centre and look the marriage up? or do I have to search all churchs etc in Leeds. - (That seems abit long winded). I will order a marriage cert if that is the only option I have tried the IGI search but am either doing something wrong or in the wrong place as most of the search`s have found nothing. Any Help/Advice appreciated. Thanks Gayle

Janice

Janice Report 5 Aug 2007 12:29

Hi Gayle, The IGI isn't complete so that could be the reason you can't find it. You need to buy the cert - you can order from GRO online (£7). It will give names, ages, occupations, residence, fathers' names and occupations and the church. Janice

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 Aug 2007 12:46

Hi Gayle, If you go the Yorkshire BMD site there is a listing for a marriage of William Parker and Mary Armitage listed in 1859 at St Peter's, Leeds. Registers are held at Leeds, ref no CE/46/58/449. Hope this helps Sandy

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 5 Aug 2007 14:10

hi gayle. you can also order them online/ring from the gro. here are the ref numbers you would need. Mary Armitage William Parker Year of Registration: 1859 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Leeds (1837-1929) County: Yorkshire - West Riding Volume: 9b Page: 559 (click to see others on page)

Gayle

Gayle Report 18 Dec 2007 01:00

Thanks
Just seen to messages that you have replied to

Sorry its taken so long. I have found the marriage and a very lovely Gravestone with most of the children listed
Regards

Gayle