Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 census for Yorkshire please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frances

Frances Report 4 Aug 2007 18:25

For John and Sarah Craven

Frances

Frances Report 4 Aug 2007 18:25

In 1826 John Craven married Sarah Hargreaves in Wakefield and combining IGI and the 1851 census they had children :- Eliza 1826 Elizabeth 1829 John 1830 Ann 1836 William 1838 Louisa 1845 I would like to see the 1861 census for the parents please, to see if they have moved away from Wakefield and what they give as their ages and places of birth, as there are two potential Johns 1806/7 in the Wakefield area. John is a Whitesmith by trade. Apparently they are mistranscibed as Cravar in 1851 and both are given as abt 1806 Many thanks, Frances

Frances

Frances Report 4 Aug 2007 18:49

Thanks Anita, I have found a John Wadsworth marrying Harriot Baxter in 1832 but that does not fit the 'neice'. I will check in FreeBMD Frances

Frances

Frances Report 4 Aug 2007 19:05

Hi Brenda, age 52 in 1860 would make him 1808 - a bit too late I think. Unfortunately John Craven is not an uncommon name! Frances

Frances

Frances Report 4 Aug 2007 19:20

Brenda I cannot understand the relationship 'Mother' - not to William Harker??? otherwise could be. I have picked Sarah Hargreaves born Nov 1805 All Saints, Wakefield as the most likely contender for John Cravens wife. Frances

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 4 Aug 2007 19:46

John Wadsworth married Harriet Craven St Peter's Leeds 1846 (from Yorkshire BMD site).

Frances

Frances Report 4 Aug 2007 19:52

Hi Andrea, I found that too and reckon Harriet was probably born Bradford 1825 but no connection to 'my' Louisa - her father did not have a sister Harriet. It looks like my John & Sarah have disappeared or are masquerading under a pseudonym...... Frances

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 4 Aug 2007 21:26

Harriet was born in Wakefield 1818/19 according to the census.