Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

search advice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**janine**

**janine** Report 4 Aug 2007 16:25

im currently trwaling through birth records to find a the names of my grandmas sisters children.its giving me sore eyes so any easy tips would help,to make it easier

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Aug 2007 16:43

Assuming that the births were after 1911, the MMN will be recorded. Other than that, there's no easy way, other than to 'ration' your searching..........do it in 5-year blocks, taking a rest in between, and making a note of where you've got to each time you stop. Reg

**janine**

**janine** Report 4 Aug 2007 18:00

only know surname!!!! emma clamp married thomas jackson in 1926.....my aunt thinks she had 2 children,emma married again in 1939 i have found the children from her second marriage(my aunt remebered the names)

**janine**

**janine** Report 4 Aug 2007 18:28

been looking on ancestery bmd

Steph

Steph Report 4 Aug 2007 20:20

Is this birth one? Sept qtr 1926 John C Jackson mmn Clamp District Belper Ref 7b 1075 Steph

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Aug 2007 20:22

So, you're looking for children named Jackson, with MMN Clamp? Is that correct? If the two marriages were 1926 and 1939, you don't have many years to search............ Reg

**janine**

**janine** Report 4 Aug 2007 20:38

will check with aunt again see if that name rings a bell.yes the mothers maiden name clamp,

Steph

Steph Report 4 Aug 2007 20:50

Found another June Qtr 1930 Audrey M Jackson Mothers name Clamp District Belper Ref 7b 1094. Steph

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Aug 2007 20:53

Janine Which years did you search?? Reg

**janine**

**janine** Report 4 Aug 2007 20:56

not been searching long,started 1927 up to 29,that took ages as loads of jackson.was going to carry on more years when my little eyes could take it lol emma got married march 1926,so didnt search that year

**janine**

**janine** Report 4 Aug 2007 20:58

her second marriage was easy as its not a common name!!!

**janine**

**janine** Report 4 Aug 2007 21:03

thanks for your help guys.....you are the best