Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please [A long request]

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 4 Aug 2007 14:49

Please can anyone help with this weird problem ? My Gt Gt Grandmother was Rebecca Kirby she was born in Deene Northants in 1844 Rebbeca married in Westminster London June 23rd 1867 to Walter William Woods [also of Oundle Northants ] Rebecca had a brother William Kirby born 1841 Deene Northants ....I started to look for him to see if he had any children ...He was in Leicester in 1881 with son Thomas William born 1865 ..In 1891 William is still in Leicester a widower with him are James and Rebecca Finston Rebecca born Deene relationship sister1844 ...BUT I have Rebbeca Woods [with my Gt Grandmother Charlotte ] in Northampton in 1891 and in 1901 she is in Irthlingborough Northants this is where she is burried ! Help! thanks Lynn

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 4 Aug 2007 15:22

1891 - no Rebecca Charlotte Brown Age: 22 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1869 Relation: Wife Spouse's Name: Thomas G Gender: Female Where born: Paddington, London, England Civil Parish: St Giles Ecclesiastical parish: St Michael Town: Northampton County/Island: Northamptonshire Country: England Registration district: Northampton Sub-registration district: St Giles ED, institution, or vessel: 10 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ada E Brown 3 Charlotte Brown 22 Sarah A Brown 4 Thomas G Brown 30 George T Woods 16 Sarah G Woods 12 Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 1195; Folio 49; Page 32; GSU roll: 6096305. marriage Rebecca Woods Year of Registration: 1888 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Northampton (1837-1924) County: Northamptonshire Volume: 3b Page: 117 John Tinston

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 4 Aug 2007 15:34

Death of James James Tinston Estimated Birth Year: abt 1843 Year of Registration: 1892 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun Age at Death: 49 District: Northampton (1837-1924) County: Northamptonshire Volume: 3b Page: 43

Lynn

Lynn Report 4 Aug 2007 15:35

Thank you so much....This just gets better ...Charlotte Kirby Woods married George Turner Brown in 1886in Northampton these were my gt grandparents ..I think there must be amix up with names on the 1891 ...thanks for trying though !

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 4 Aug 2007 15:47

The enumerators did make a mess of things on occasions - they have him correct on the 1901. Maybe the family didn't pprove of Rebecca's second marriage so that when her husband died she went back to calling herself Woods.

Lynn

Lynn Report 4 Aug 2007 16:11

Thanks a lot Andrea ...I think the Woods children on the 1891 are Charlottes siblings ...and that Thomas G is my Gt grandfather George Turner ...I am going to send for the marriage cert to James though ...to see if i have unearthed another skeleton!