Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

baptism/birth records for liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara

Sara Report 4 Aug 2007 13:44

hi, any help/ advice on the following would be most appreciated. baptism birth records for :- elizabeth ann davies, bn 1853 liverpool probably in the everton area. father thomas davies(a waterman), mother unknown what im really after is her mothers name. cant find them on the censuses. ive possibly found elizabeth working as a servant on the 1871, but obviously i have no parents names. thomas due to being a waterman may not have been present at the time of a census anyway. many thanks, sara

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Aug 2007 14:32

Is your info from a marriage cert? Who did she marry? Have you traced the couple on any census? Do you have the names of the witnesses? Reg

Sarah1

Sarah1 Report 4 Aug 2007 14:33

Hi Sara You would need to order her birth certificate, if you look on Free BMD there are 3 Elizabeth Ann Davies listed as being born for 1853 in West Derby in the county of Lancashire, you can then order the certificate from the GRO which should give you her mothers full name. Hope this helps Sarah

Sara

Sara Report 4 Aug 2007 17:29

thanks for your replies. the information i have for elizabeth is from her marriage cert. she married a david jones in march 1877. fathers are mentioned, but not mothers. witnesses appear to be non family (prices). i can find elizabeth and david on the censuses once they are married (i think pickering st 1881)but not before as a family. as elizabeths father was described as a waterman i think he may not have been at home on the censuses as i cant find a thomas davies which fits the right description. and i dont know mrs davies name so im stumped. i may have to go down the birth cert route, but i realise the more details i have the better. i was hoping that elizabeths baptism would show up on one of these family history discs(bivri). i am in the process of checking through the family history site, with no success yet.sara

Leclerc

Leclerc Report 4 Aug 2007 20:08

Try having a look on here, not all the parishes are fully populated but you might strike lucky http://www.lan-opc*org*uk/index.html (change (*) to (.) L

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 4 Aug 2007 21:49

sara, you mentioned in your post that the witnesses at the marriage where prices and the marriage was in west derby?my family are prices from west derby ,have you any names?i may be able to help.x

Sara

Sara Report 5 Aug 2007 18:37

thanks to you both for your replies. i will certainly check out that website. the prices were margaret and thomas, the church was st davids. not sure if this was in everton or west derby, sara

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 5 Aug 2007 19:54

sarah,my g,grandfather was thomas price born eastham on the wirrel but moved to everton in the 1880-1900s.x

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 5 Aug 2007 20:13

sarah,st davids church was on brownlow hill which i think was under west derby,its now called st philips, they keep the registers for st davids in the liverpool records office in william brown st baptism records 1827-1973, marr records 1827-1974, banns 1827-1974.xx

Sara

Sara Report 6 Aug 2007 17:44

thanks for that info suzanne. i am going to ask my uncle see if he can go and have a look in the records office. im so far away its a pain. re the prices any idea who your thomas married? i dont know what the connection between the prices and the jones was, whether they were friends or some relations. i will ask my uncle see if he can shed any light on the matter. sara