Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where in Liverpool would Tenterden Street (Scotlan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carl

Carl Report 3 Aug 2007 23:48

Can anyone advise me where my ancestors would have been buried in 1889? They were C of E but I don't know whether Liverpool churches were still allowing burials then or whether in common with other major cities were they using cemeteries - if so which one would be the most likely? Thanks for any help etc. Carl

Annabel

Annabel Report 4 Aug 2007 03:57

Hi would the following site be any use to you cheers Annabel Liverpool Record Office Guides to Sources The following leaflets (in html and pdf formats) are intended as introductory guides to conducting research within the record office: Births, Marriages and Deaths indexes - html or pdf (48kb) Burial Records - html or pdf (45kb) Census Returns - html or pdf (60kb) Coroners Records - html or pdf (61kb) Electoral Registers - html or pdf (48kb) Emigration and Immigration - html or pdf (85kb) Family History - html or pdf (66kb) Hospital Records - html or pdf (62kb) Liverpool Street Maps - html or pdf (33kb) Merchant Seamen - html or pdf (66kb) Merseyside Record Office - html or pdf (55kb) Merseyside Jewish Archives - html or pdf (62kb) Military Records - html or pdf (56kb) Miscellaneous Maps - html or pdf (50kb) Newspapers - html or pdf (52kb) Ordnance Survey Maps - html or pdf (53kb) Photographs - html or pdf (62kb) Poor Law Records - html or pdf (98kb) School Records - html or pdf (81kb) Street Directories - html or pdf (51kb) Wills - html or pdf (58kb

Carl

Carl Report 7 Aug 2007 22:26

Thanks Annabel. Sorry for the delay but have been away for a couple of days. I appreciate the Record Office suggestion but they will charge for me to trawl 'in the dark' so to speak. I was hoping that someone might know the likely cemetery or church and that would narrow it right down for me. Thanks again Carl

Christine

Christine Report 7 Aug 2007 22:46

Hi Carl I have many relatives from that area around the same time and the majority are buried in Kirkdale cem. If you are not in Liverpool but can find someone to do a burial look up for you I am visiting Kirkdale in a few weeks time and can take a pic for you if you'd like. Let me know. Chris

Carl

Carl Report 7 Aug 2007 22:59

Hi Chris, Thank you for the suggestion re Kirkdale Cemetery and also your kind offer. We live in Derbyshire so if I am able to secure a lookup I will let you know. Thanks very much Regards Carl

June

June Report 7 Aug 2007 23:03

Records for: Anfield Everton Kirkdale West Derby Cemeteries Office Anfield Cemetery 0151 263 3267 Records are only held here from 1912 Any records before 1912 are held at: Central Library in Liverpool June x

Carl

Carl Report 7 Aug 2007 23:12

Thanks June, They both died in 1889 so I guess from what you say then the records for them are at the Central Library. I'll put up another post to see if anyone is going there in the near future. Many thanks Regards Carl