Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who lived at this B'ham Address in 1901...please..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Aug 2007 18:07

Doing some research for a friend & he has a birth cert for 1897...living at 5 Court 11 House Great Colmore Street, B'ham. I have gone down the route of trying to find the PURSLOW family on the 1901 without any success...so am now trying to determine if this family were still living at above address. Any help will be much appreciated.. Margaret.

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 2 Aug 2007 18:18

what was childs name

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 2 Aug 2007 18:19

I think the only way you can do that is by going to the National Archives 1901 census and doing an address search. You can but £5 of credits that last 7 days. It's either that or trawling through hundreds of images on Ancestry.

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 2 Aug 2007 18:21

Is this the child? Who were the parents? Births Jun 1897 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Purslow Ada Elizabeth Birmingham 6d 52 Angela

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 2 Aug 2007 18:26

Here they are: Ada Twomlow Age: 3 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1898 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: Jno Mother's Name: Flora Gender: Female Where born: B'Hm Civil Parish: Birmingham Ecclesiastical parish: St Asaph County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: Birmingham Sub-registration district: St Martin ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 71 Household Members: Name Age Ada Twomlow 3 Alice Twomlow 1 Flora Twomlow 28 Flora Twomlow 5 Jno Twomlow 33 John Twomlow 6 address is as you stated, although image does read Twomlow?. I confirm that the address reads 5 .. court great colmore st., altho I don't believe it's your family. Angela

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Aug 2007 18:39

Many thanks folks, so the Purslow family had moved on by the date of the 1901...DRAT !!! Ada Elizabeth Purslow is the child I am looking for, her parents were Sarah & Henry Purslow.... Thanks again for the really fast help... Margaret.

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 2 Aug 2007 19:12

Could this be dad's death? Deaths Mar 1898 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PURSLOW Henry 26 Birmingham 6d 62 Angela Could one of these be mum's re-marriage? Marriages Mar 1899 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Evans Albert Robert Birmingham 6d 85 Hodgetts William Frederick Birmingham 6d 85 Neale Benjamin Birmingham 6d 85 Purslow Sarah Birmingham 6d 85 Walker Mary Laura Birmingham 6d 85

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 2 Aug 2007 19:15

if that was henrys death her mom could have re married Albert Robert Evans 1899 Jan-Feb-Mar Birmingham (1837-1924) Warwickshire View Record William Frederick Hodgetts 1899 Jan-Feb-Mar Birmingham (1837-1924) Warwickshire View Record Benjamin Neale 1899 Jan-Feb-Mar Birmingham (1837-1924) Warwickshire View Record Sarah Purslow 1899 Jan-Feb-Mar Birmingham (1837-1924) Warwickshire View Record Mary Laura Walker 1899 Jan-Feb-Mar Birmingham (1837-1924) trying to cross ref the names

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 2 Aug 2007 19:22

is this adas? birth Ada Elizabeth Purslow 1897 Apr-May-Jun Birmingham

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 2 Aug 2007 19:55

cant see and ada with purslow in deaths, but then if her mom had remarried she prob would have taken the name of new hubby,

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 2 Aug 2007 19:57

Just some ideas & clutching at straws, but could these be relevant? I think mum may have married Albert Evans Deaths Sep 1900 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Evans Sarah 22 Birmingham 6d 55 I think this is her first marriage Marriages Jun 1896 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>Dent Sarah Birmingham 6d 175 Lloyd Thomas Birmingham 6d 175 >>Purslow Henry Birmingham 6d 175 Ricketts Elizabeth Rosanna Birmingham 6d 175 I think this may be her birth Births Dec 1877 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DENT Sarah Ann Birmingham 6d 74 Still looking for Ada in 1901 - are we sure she survived? Angela Then again, I might be getting carried away.........

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 2 Aug 2007 20:04

i think im getting carried away with you angela.. in deaths Ada Evans abt 1898 1899 Jul-Aug-Sep Birmingham (1837-1924) Warwickshire View Record Ada Elizabeth Evans abt 1896 1908 Jan-Feb-Mar Birmingham (1837-1924)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 2 Aug 2007 20:14

I've got the Dent family (Sarah's possible parents) in 1881/1891, but can't find them in 1901 - I'm thinking Ada may be with them. Think I better take a break - my imagination's running away with me. :-)) Angela

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Aug 2007 22:37

WOWEE !!! Thank you for taking so much interest in my search. 1stly : Ada Elizabeth did survive & married in 1929.. On her childrens birth certs she says she is ' Purslow formerley Dent'. But her parents WERE married BEFORE her birth., so Dent should not be part of her name at all.... I will be looking into the possibility of Sarah re-marrying....my thanks to you all... Margaret

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 3 Aug 2007 15:11

Margaret I hope you didn't think I was going 'over the top' with this. :-)) I've even had another look for Ada this morning! Angela

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Aug 2007 16:24

Hi Angela... 'Over the top ' is great in my book !!! Thanks again for your interest... Margaret.