Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestory.co.uk Scotland look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joseph

Joseph Report 1 Aug 2007 20:30

I would appreciate help with the birth of my Greatgrandfather, who was born in Scotland in Glasgow. From the English census which is vailable to me 1881 Malcolm McLean is shown as being born in 1843. From his Marriage Certificate is seems like it was 1846. His father's name is JOHN McLean and his profession was CALICO PRINTER. I am trying to obtain details of theScottish family . Thanks to the person who takes a stab at this!! Kind Regards, Joe Walker San Antonio Texas.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Aug 2007 20:33

Where and when did he marry? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Aug 2007 20:44

1881 census info...........for ref Name: Malcolm Mc Lean Age: 38 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1843 Relation: Head Spouse's Name: Bridget Gender: Male Where born: Lanarkshire, Scotland Civil Parish: Liverpool County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: 40 Hedley St Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View Image Occupation: Labourer Registration district: Liverpool Sub-registration district: St Martin ED, institution, or vessel: 49 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Bridget Mc Lean 33 b. Lanarkshire John Malcom Mc Lean 11 Malcolm Mc Lean 38 Mary Catherine Mc Lean 9 Peter Mc Lean 3 Sarah Mc Lean 7 All children b. Liverpool Reg

HelenBrissie

HelenBrissie Report 1 Aug 2007 21:10

Hi Joe, On Scotlands People 1851 Scotland Census, there is a Malcolm McLean aged 6 years, County Lanark, District Glasgow. Unfortunately I don't have any credits left or I would look it up for you. There are some very helpful people on GR who are doing Ancestry Scotland lookups. Perhaps if you post a request they will be able to help you. Helen

alviegal

alviegal Report 1 Aug 2007 21:33

Can't find one with dad John in the right time scale. There is this one? 1861 Scotland Census about Malcolm McLean Name: Malcolm McLean Age: 16 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1845 Relationship: Grandson Gender: Male Where born: Glasgow, Lanarks Registration Number: 644/2 Registration district: High Church Civil Parish: Glasgow St James County: Lanarkshire Address: 20 Little Dove Hill Occupation: Light Porter ED: 64 Page: 2 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 11 Line: 18 Roll: CSSCT1861_99 Household Members: Name Age Catherine McLean 73 Malcolm McLean 16