Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advice please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carolina

Carolina Report 31 Jul 2007 23:40

hi all i hope some one can help me my dad told me g/ gran was called clara lindley and so did my 2nd cousin my 2nd cousin told me clara's dad was called richard and she was born in Sheffield but she changed her name to harvey when her dad disowned her for marrying my g/granddad the thing is do i look for a marriage for a clara lindley to a harry roberts or do i look for it under the name harvey i know on there son's birth certificate she put harvey for her maiden name and how do i know the clara lindley i have found is my g/gran thanks for any help carolina xx

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 31 Jul 2007 23:45

Born and married roughly when and where. Clara maybe on census with Dad. Sue

Georgina

Georgina Report 31 Jul 2007 23:45

If you know when Clara died her age will be on the death certificate which will give you a good idea of when she was born, you could also check her marriage certificate & see what name & occupation she gives for her father. Georgina.

Carolina

Carolina Report 31 Jul 2007 23:52

she was born in Sheffield c1888 her dad was a slaughter carolina xx

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Aug 2007 00:01

1891 possibly this one Name: Clara Lindley Age: 3 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: Richard Mother's Name: Alice Gender: Female Where born: Carbrook, Yorkshire, England Civil Parish: Doncaster Ecclesiastical parish: St Georges County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: Doncaster Sub-registration district: Doncaster ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Alice Lindley 23 Carbrook Clara Lindley 3 Richard Lindley 22 Armthorpe Place of birth is Carbrook, Sheffield on image

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Aug 2007 00:02

1901: 1901 England Census about Clara Lindley Name: Clara Lindley Age: 13 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: Richard Mother's Name: Harriet Gender: Female Where born: Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Civil Parish: Doncaster Ecclesiastical parish: St George County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Registration district: Doncaster Sub-registration district: Doncaster ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 58 Household Members: Name Age Annie Lindley 6 Clara Lindley 13 Harriet Lindley 34 Henry Lindley 2 Richard Lindley 33 Richard Lindley 6 months Rose

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Aug 2007 00:06

Marriages Mar 1908 (>99%) BATES Thomas Doncaster 9c 1020 BROWN Helen Doncaster 9c 1020 HARVEY Clara Doncaster 9c 1020 ROBERTS Harry Doncaster 9c 1020

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Aug 2007 00:09

Think she was born a Harvey: Births Dec 1887 Harvey Clara Sheffield 9c 536 Parents probably weren't married when she was born. The story about her falling out with her dad was to hide that fact. Rose

Carolina

Carolina Report 1 Aug 2007 00:15

you lot are fantastic thank you carolina xx

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Aug 2007 00:47

Can't seem to find a marriage for a Richard to an Alice or Harriett. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Aug 2007 00:55

Parents never married. The children are all under Harvey. Births Mar 1895 Harvey Annie Elizabeth L Doncaster 9c 874 Births Jun 1899 Harvey Henry Lindley Doncaster 9c 860 Births Mar 1901 Harvey Richard Lindley Doncaster 9c 911 Births Dec 1903 HARVEY Florrie Lindley Doncaster 9c 912 Births Jun 1905 Harvey Edith Lindley Doncaster 9c 905 Births Jun 1909 HARVEY Mary Ann L Doncaster 9c 953 Rose

Carolina

Carolina Report 1 Aug 2007 01:16

thank you for all the info carolina xx

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Aug 2007 01:23

Carolina, You might want to order Clara's birth cert. It's not certain that Richard is the father. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Aug 2007 01:24

Another possible son: Births Sep 1897 Harvey John Charles L Doncaster 9c 830 Deaths Sep 1898 Harvey John Charles L 1 Doncaster 9c 527 Rose

Carolina

Carolina Report 1 Aug 2007 01:43

ive just orderd harry's and clara's marriage cert im going to jump in to bed now thanks for all your help once again carolina xx