Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Fielding

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laurie

Laurie Report 2 Aug 2007 08:25

I'm trying to find information on an Arthur Walter Fielding born 9/7/1877 registration district Edmonton and his parents (especially his father). His birth certificate shows his mother as Helena Fielding but no entry for his father, so I've assumed he was illegitimate. Later in life he changed his surname name to Ward and used his middle name of Walter instead of Arthur. I concluded from this that he probably discovered who his father was and this appears to be substantiated on his marriage certificate as being Walter Ward (deceased). He could have been adopted by the Wards but this seems unlikely because a) his middle name was Walter and b) on the 1881 census he appears to be living with his mother, grandmother & uncle but under what appears to be a fictitious name of 'Matthew Fielding' (All information on Matthew appearing on the 1881 census is identical to that of Arthur Walter, however 'Matthew' appears on no subsequent census or any birth/death index c1877). If anyone can shed any further light on this mystery it would be a great help. Thanks Laurie Jonas