Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Jacques

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara

Sara Report 4 Aug 2007 00:35

Hiya All Im looking for Drusilla Jacques she married Abraham (Jack) Milburn in 1948 in the Durham area.As far as i know they had 2 children together but parted not long after.I do not know of any reason why they split,maybe as Jack was away with the army alot.Jack is my grandad who unfortunatley died in 96 i would love to piece his life together.With there being so many Milburns and Jacques from the north east im finding it very difficult.My grandad was born 5th july 1919 so maybe Drusilla was born somewhere around that time.Would be very grateful of any info Many Thanks Sarax

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Report 14 Nov 2007 07:21

dear sara
i think you should look around the hamsterley colliery/blackhall mill area in northwest durham parish lanchester the area is about 5 miles from consett im sure ive seen a head stone with the ladys name on.a good site is the durham minning web site check pit fitalites.i will check my notes to see if ive any more info
geoff jacques