Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

i can't find!!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 4 Sep 2007 18:24

i am having trouble finding marriages of some of my family members
they are:
Edwin (sometimes known as William Edward) Jeyes or Jayes to Laura Louisa Dew. Edwin born abt 1853 & Laura born abt 1873

after Edwin (William Edwards) death - Laura was then with Ernest Batchelor born abt 1879 - where they both died in 1944 in Luton

Also Sydney Walter Webb (abt 1895) to Sylvia Jeyes (born 1900)

Many thanks

Dawn

Linda

Linda Report 4 Sep 2007 18:31

This is the only marriage I could find for Louisa on freebmd:

Marriages Jun 1895 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dew Laura Louisa Aylsham 4b 141
Eke William Aylsham 4b 141

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 4 Nov 2007 05:46

I am searching for Jayes history for my children and grandchildren. My late husband was Geoffrey William Jayes from Daylesford in Victoria,Australia . he was born 21 Dec 1936.

Elizabeth

Ivy

Ivy Report 4 Nov 2007 06:23

There is then a marriage for a Laura Louisa Eke in Epping in March 1901 to Henry George Hughes - the other marriage is Florence Willingdale (b abt 1875 in Essex) to Arthur Smith, at Loughton in 1901.

This doesn't help - it is clearly a different Laura Louisa. See Class: RG13; Piece: 1639; Folio: 15; Page: 21 for the Hughes-Eke marriage, whereas Silvia, Edwin and Laura are at Class: RG13; Piece: 3859; Folio: 96; Page: 30 in 1901.

Ivy

Ivy Report 4 Nov 2007 06:46

- and I see that the Eke-Dew marriage in Aylsham is also a different couple:

Class: RG13; Piece: 1828; Folio: 33; Page: 2