Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ELIZABETH AGNES HINKS (ANNE)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 28 Sep 2007 12:19

I am trying to find information about Elizabeth Agnes Hinks (known as Anne).

She was born C1921 in Shropshire and was last known to be living in the St Johns Wood area in the 1950's.

She may possibly have married around this time but I am having difficulty finding any records.

She is my mothers aunt and we would love to know anything about her or her family

Charlotte

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 28 Sep 2007 12:30

found this one

Births Jun 1917

Hinks Elizabeth A Smith Wem 6a 977

Peter

Peter Report 7 Nov 2007 18:47

Hi Charlotte

It could just be coincidence but I have just sent a lady who is also named Charlotte a message through this site about my dear late Grandmother, Mildred (nee) Hinks.

Mildred's sister (also born in Shropshire, we believe, a few years earlier (?) is my Great Aunt, who we have always known as Aunty Ann.

Unfortunately she has been very poorly indeed over recent months.

Anyway please do feel free to leave me a message here or get in touch.

All the best

Peter

Peter

Peter Report 7 Nov 2007 21:38

Charlotte, the possible 'coincidences' here just seem so great!

I hope I'm not getting carried away (I have only been on this site for a few hours, and joined expressly to search for links to the sisters Mildred and Ann, who have been such an important factor in our lives, being the only links we've ever had on the Hinks side of things), but the more I think, the more likely it is to me that we may well be talking about the same lady.

My late Mum (Millie's daughter, and Ann's niece - and so possibly, at this point, your Mum's cousin) is sadly no longer with us so the details I barely remember can't yet be confirmed.

I do think though that Ann married in the 1950s, and was certainly living in north London when I first met her around the early 80s as a young child. They have since moved on, and I've seen them many a time recently as she hasn't been at all well, sadly.

I shall be seeing them again shortly to help a little with Ann's care, and would love to hear from you before then if possible.

Peter

Peter

Peter Report 8 Nov 2007 15:18

Contact made and match found - wonderful!!