Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great Grandfather

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beatrice

Beatrice Report 1 Oct 2007 19:06

Hi. Have at last found my grandfather and Mothers marriage certificate from Dublin.They were married at Pro Cathedral catholic church in Marlboro Street Dublin N1on 15th February 1914. His name was Charles Donohoe. I have no idea of date of birth. His fathers name was Joseph Donohoe. If anyone could point me in right direction to find further information i would be grateful

Bea McCoy

(¨*•.¸(¨*•.Pauline loving my grandson(¨*•.¸(¨*•.

(¨*•.¸(¨*•.Pauline loving my grandson(¨*•.¸(¨*•. Report 1 Oct 2007 19:15

Hi Bea if you go to www.jesuslatterdaysaints web site you can access the 1881 census it is free to view. hope this helps Pauline.

Beatrice

Beatrice Report 2 Oct 2007 18:36

Hi Pauline, Thanks i have beenon that sight. but as the Donohoes all lived in Dublin im finding them hard to trace from here. Thanks
Bea.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 2 Oct 2007 18:45

I know nada about Irish genealogy (and am hoping I don't discover I need to!) -- but is it worth contacting the cathedral?

http://www.procathedral.ie/

Beatrice

Beatrice Report 11 Oct 2007 13:33

Thanks Kathryn, I have wriiten a letter to the Cathedral to see if they have any info or if he was Christened there.

Anne

Anne Report 5 Nov 2007 16:24

Hi, Bea, I think we might have a match. My maternal great-grandfather was called Joseph Donohoe and was married to Anne Devey in Dublin about 1875. Anne was of French Huguenot descent. They had four children - Joseph, Patrick (my grandfather born 11th March 1880), Charles and Christina, who died at the age of three. Patrick married my grandmother Mary Dowling and had four children, the eldest of whom was my mother, Anne Donohoe. My mother gave me information about the family before she died. She said that her uncle Charles married Elizabeth and had four children - Harold, Patrick, Beatrice and John. If this sounds familiar perhaps you could e-mail me through the regular Genes Reunited system rather than this message board.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Anne Berry