Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Romany Roots

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joseph

Joseph Report 5 Oct 2007 16:26

Looking for Realations of: Fred/Ethel/Danial/Blanch/Elisa SMITHS
of Lancaster. Fred Had a Scrap yard ? also had a realation called George Smith and his wife Ellen

Nigel

Nigel Report 13 Oct 2007 12:48

hi m also tring to find romany roots my father was ivor smith born in boldre hampshire he had a brother called fred smith ?

Joseph

Joseph Report 26 Nov 2007 19:58

Hi Nigel.
I dont no if there is any connection,as my names above are the only one's that i have. I don't no where my grandfarther was borne.His name was George Smith and i remember my mother telling me that as a chiled some of her farthers family still lived in there Vans. Fred and Co ended up living in Lancaster and Fred her uncle had a Scrap Buisness in lancaster.
I have put messages out for any Smiths in Lancaster with no results.I do no that some of his family still live there and i belive they own property along the side of the lancaster Cannal. I dont no if this means anything to you,as trying to find the right smith is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Good hunting. Let me no if this rings any bells with your family. All the best