Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry and Findmypast here.......also Pallots CD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 18 Oct 2007 00:41

Please provide as much detail as possible and allow for time difference between UK and Australia.

Sorry, no blanket searches/trawling.

Deb:)

Rhonda

Rhonda Report 18 Oct 2007 03:42

Hi Deb
Thankyou for your kind offer. I have a Joseph PENROSE and it is pre 1840, but I would like to know if Ancestory etc has any info on him. I know the following info

Born: (According to Census) Broadoak Cornwall - 1788-1790
Spouse: Mary Olver (No. 1), Ann Mance (No. 2) about 1850
Children: Charles - 1812, Agnes - 1813, there were more.

What I need is either confirmation on his marriage or his birth. Possible parents for him could be a John and Jane Penrose??. I dont know if you will find anything (I am unsure of what a blanket search is and I apologise if this is one). I dont know much about Ancestory or Find my Past. Many thanks anyway for your offer and help.
Kind regards

Susan

Susan Report 18 Oct 2007 04:39

Hi Deb, Would really appreciate your help please. I cannot find a point of proof for my ggfather and gfather. My gfather was born March 1861 in Southwark (this from coastguard record as I cannot find birth record. he married Mary Maria Coulter who was from Ireland and were in Northumberland in 1891 and Fosdyke 1901. My problem is I have found a Charles Bailey b.1834 of Winchelsea Sussex, son of Joseph and Lydia but I cannot find them further thru census where Charles "William" listed and I am not sure if I'm on the right track. Charles Williams brother George was called George Butler Bailey by the family and I can't find him anywhere! An aged aunt told me Charles and his wife Sarah married in 1858. Hoping you might be able to find something I can't. Am in Sydney Australia so can't wander round parish records unfortunately. Sue

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 18 Oct 2007 09:08

n

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 18 Oct 2007 09:31

Hi Deb

Thanks for your kind offer.

I'm looking for a very elusive family in the 1891 and 1901 - the surname is RIDGUS and I believe the head of the household would have been Henry, born about 1866 and living in the Berks area.

any help appreciated
Liz

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 18 Oct 2007 10:46

n

connery

connery Report 18 Oct 2007 14:14

hi Deb

do you have access to ireland bith, marriages and deaths??

as my relatives are from there but dont know if records are kept on computers

pat

Louisa

Louisa Report 19 Oct 2007 14:55

Hi Deb

Would really like your help here i am looking for John W Brodie born north shields the 1901 cenus says he was 37 on his last birthday he married Isabella who was also born noth shields and the cenus says that she was 35 on her last birthday thay had a son called hilton brodie aged 12, daughter isabella H brodie aged 11, son stanley brodie aged 6,all born north shields all this i found on the 19001 cenus and i am hoping that you may be able to find me some more information.

Many thanks

Catherine

Catherine Report 20 Oct 2007 01:11

Hi Deb
thankyou for your offer,could you please try to help us to find out what happened to my Mother`s half brother JOSEPH KEEGAN we have his birth record Jan Qtr,1928 Dist :Houghton, Vol;10a Page 844(although not his certificate) His Mothers maiden name was Dee,she married Joseph Keegan (my grandfather born 1901) in 1928 in Houghton Co Durham Vol.10a Page 663.
But that is all we know of him apart from the fact that by 1930 my mum was born (to joseph keegan(snr) and lily reynoldson,my grandmother) -they were not married !
Family `history` has it that My grandfather never believed the child(joseph) was his !! and for some reason he was brought up by grandads brother Thomas and his family.(don`t know what happened to his mother?!!!) I have searched long and hard but i am obviously no good at it because i cannot find anythig on him-he was supposedly a `bad lad` and was apparently in and out of prison ! ( no surprise there then given the start in life he had )
I hope you are able to shed some light on our mystery.
Thankyou,catherine

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 20 Oct 2007 03:43

Hello Deb,Thanks for your offer.
Could you look up Thomas Haskins for me.He came to Australia on the Bangalore in 1850.His trial was in Gloucestershire in 1848.Could you also see if anyone came with him. His wife was ann.I dont know if they had any children at the time but should think so.
Thanking you Marilyn

Camille

Camille Report 20 Oct 2007 09:31

Hi Deb and many thanks for your offer to help.

I cannot find a death for my G Grandad between 1897 and 1914, he remarried in Bradfield , Berks. in 1897 to Mary A. ?. He was stated as Deceased on his Daughter Marriage cert. in 1914 but Marriage of my Granny in 1910 states Father as Charles but does not say" Deceased"
The family are on the 1881 and 1891 census living in Bucklebury where he was married to his 1st. Wife Elizabeth, she died in 1896 aged 40.
Charles was born in 1854 ..Bucklebury , Parents were George and Elizabeth Green.

Many thanks

Lulli x

Irish Angel

Irish Angel Report 20 Oct 2007 09:39

Hi Deb
Could you look for Eugene Laerence Beatty
DOB 2nd september 1894 place of birth Rathmines Dublin his father Michael.
Thank you
Take care Lynne

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 21 Oct 2007 06:34

n

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 21 Oct 2007 12:06

n

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Oct 2007 22:58

Hi Deb
Thank you so much for your very kind offer.
Can you please look on Pallots for a baptism.
Name James LANGFORD or LANKFORD
Cica 1824 may be little later
Church- Bow which could be St Marys le Bow.
Do not know parents names. That is the info I really need.
Hoping you can help me.
Thank you so much Deb.
Regards
Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Oct 2007 22:54

Hi Deb

I am just wondering if you have anything on James Lankford
Regards
Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 25 Oct 2007 11:10

Hi Deb
Many thanks for the search.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Margaret

Louisa

Louisa Report 25 Oct 2007 11:18

hi deb
i am trying to find Fredrick Smith this is the details for him on the 1901 census.
Fredrick Smith(Carpenter) abt 1846 Paddington, London, England Head Islington London. Here are the details shown for his wife
Charlotte Smith abt 1848 Islington, London, England Wife Islington London.
Finally here are there marriage details.
Marriage
Name: Frederick Smith - Charlotte Isobel Banning
Year of Registration: 1881
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
DISTRICT: Wandsworth
County: Greater London, London, Surrey
i would like to find out more information about fredrick and charlotte. I hope you can help me.

Many Thanks
Louisa

Stewart

Stewart Report 25 Oct 2007 13:00

Deb
looking for 5 brothers, 2 of which emigrated to Aus fron England. They were Zachariah Button 1825, went to Aus 1852 and ended up in Bendigo/Ballerat. Wife was Hannah Harmon. Edward Button went in 1855 and joined his brother. his wife was Caroline Chambers. I have checked all the BMD index and census returns for uk and cannot find evidence of the other 3 brothers after showing on the 1841 & 1851 census return for 5 Ropemakers field, Limehouse, Tower Hamlets, London. Hosehold head was Zachariah Button 52. Shows on the 1841 census as Zachariah and 1851 census as LA Button .I wonder if they went as well. Their names are
Joseph Button b 1823
Thomas Button b1830
George Button b1836

Thanks
Stewart Button

Una

Una Report 1 Nov 2007 18:33

Bump