Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cemetery Sandy Hill Prescott Grenville Augusta Ont

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 26 Oct 2007 19:55

Mad

A really long shot - but I have been lucky in the past..... I wonder if anyone out there lives near this cemetery?

I have Ancestors buried there and wonder if there a re any gravestones which someone may photograph for me?

I would be willing to do some look ups in Hampshire, Norfolk , Suffolk or Essex England in return -
Alice

Vicki

Vicki Report 26 Oct 2007 20:57

Hi,

If you go www.findagrave.com
search in the forums there are people who live in there, and will take pictures.

Vicki

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 27 Oct 2007 00:36

Thank you for that - I could not find the cemetery or ancestors listed but am tired so will try again tomorrow.
Alice

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 27 Oct 2007 17:51

Hi Alice,
I hesitated to respond to your request because I don't know how soon I could follow up.
I live an hour's drive away from Prescott and under normal circumstances I'd be happy to make the drive and have a picnic in the cemetery. (Yes, I've done that) However at this time family matters are keeping me close to home.
If you would like to post the names or pm me, I will try to get there, but can't make any promises.
I'm thinking the name is Rosebrook?
Margaret

Joan

Joan Report 27 Oct 2007 18:01

Alice,

Another alternative is to contact the following:

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/English/interloan/cem_grenville.htm

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 27 Oct 2007 23:03

Thank you for your replies.
I have sent you a message with the names Margaret.

I will look at the site you suggested, thank you Joan.

Alice