Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage help please and advice xXx

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 27 Oct 2007 09:42

I'm a bit stuck ere... Can you help me please.. Ive been looking for about 3 days and i'm still hitting a dead end.. can anyone find a marriage of George Moore to Emily in and around about 1873 ish.. I think this may be a second marriage.. Im a bit confused, i'll tell you the info i have for certain and see if your minds are more organised then my own lol..
I have a William Moore born in 1866 bromyard acton beauchamp bishops frome... He married a Jessie (jessy) Mitchell in 1864 Bromyard.. I think ive found Williams mum and dad.. George Moore born 1844 bromyard and his first wife Elizabeth Collins 1847..Acton Beauchamp or burnell Bromyard.. Married in 1866.. But Elizabeth goes missing after the 1871 census and seems to get replaced with Emily but i cant find her marriage to George.. I found a death record for Elizabeth in 1973 (i think its her ..Bromyard again)... Do you think im on the right tracks here ? HELP lol.. maybe they never got married Emily and George ? I dunno im lost lol... xXx Thankyou xx rachel. xXx

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 27 Oct 2007 10:17

According to the 1871 Elizabeth was born c1846 in Herefordshire; the 1881 gives Emily b c1844 in Gloucestershire so I would guess that they are two different people.

Andy

Rachel

Rachel Report 27 Oct 2007 11:08

George was born according to the census ...in 1844.. But on the freebmd birth the date is 1841..
And yes i think that Emily and Elizabeth are two different people but George seems to have ties with both. Thats if my records are right.
In the 1871 census it shows Elizabeth as Williams mother. Then in the 1881 census it shows Emily as his mother. In between this time there is a death record for Elizabeth in 1973. And it says that both women on these two census' are Georges wife. (not at the same time obviously lol) ;o).. Which is what led me to believe that he re-married to Emily.. But no records of that are about i dont think.. Now if that makes sense you are all as confused as i am lol...
Thankyou for helping me find out whats going on xXx