Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long lost brother please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leeann

Leeann Report 27 Oct 2007 11:42

Hi, if anyone can give me ideas on how to look up my long lost half brother with very little information then i would be very grateful. I believe he was born around 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984!! Name i believe to have been Lee Morgan. Born to a Marilyn or Madalyn but i'm finding this difficult through records as i don't know her maiden name or even if she re-married after divorcing my father David Morgan DOB 20/01/1947 or 1946 or could even be 1948! As you see i have such a small amount to go on so if anyone out there can help me in any way i would be so grateful. I last saw him when he was 18 months old and feel there is a huge gap in my life without knowing him now. Regards to you all Leeann.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 27 Oct 2007 12:07

Do you know when your dad married Marilyn/Madilyn? Do you know where the marriage took place?
From this we can find the marriage & the cert will show her maiden name although it will show up on the registration provided she wasn't married more than once
From her maiden name we can find Lee's birth cert

*~*Chris*~*

*~*Chris*~* Report 27 Oct 2007 12:07

Hi Leeann, it's going to be very hard, Ancestry site gives 14 day free trail so you could use it to look up his birth, you may find one that you think is him and it will give you a dob and area of birth which would at least be a start!
Hope this helps a little Good Luck
Chris

Leeann

Leeann Report 27 Oct 2007 12:46

Hi christine and claire, thankyou for your replys. I am currently going through marriage certificates now but finding it hard as don't know where, when they got married! I thought if i did this i could find my fathers second wifes maiden name but think it gonna be a long job but definitely worth it. Many thanks to you both. Leeann