Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

burials in Derbyshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 28 Oct 2007 16:37

Hi ,does anyone have access to burial records for Ilkeston Derbyshire between 1890 and 1925?Looking for Catherine Annie Nunn who died in 1891 ,and her husband William Nunn who died 1922 ish.Anyone who can help ? I have checked Stanton Road ,Ilkeston and not there .thanks,Suz.

1949er

1949er Report 28 Oct 2007 20:36

Hello Suz
Sorry but there is no Catherine Annie Nunn on the NBI 2nd edition and no Williams for that area or date.

Wendy

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 29 Oct 2007 21:18

Hi Wendy ,thanks for looking ,very strange .I will have to try Nottinghamshire next.
Best Wishes,Suz.

Sam

Sam Report 29 Oct 2007 21:26

The NBI isn't complete so just because they aren't listed, it doesn't mean they weren't buried in Derbyshire.

Sam x

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 29 Oct 2007 21:40

Oh I see,thanks Sam ,I will continue with my search .I am wondering if it is the Rock Cemetery in Nottingham as I know they were married at the church there.

1949er

1949er Report 30 Oct 2007 08:28

yes sorry Suz.....NBI 2nd edition only covers a very small % of burials in Derbyshire
Wendy

1949er

1949er Report 31 Oct 2007 11:37

Hi Suz
I typed in Catherine Annie Nunn 1891 all areas with a 5 year time line on NBI and there was zero entries. Done the same for William 1922 and the nearest to that date was a William Nunn buried Aug 1923 age 78 at Mount Pleasant Municipal Cem Wisbech Cambridge.
Not saying he is your man but if you think he is it might be worth contacting the cem for more details.
Wendy