Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed please - canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 30 Oct 2007 12:38

My grandfather Harry Englefield born in 1907 in Reading Uk went to huntville near toronto for a holiday in Oct 1975 and sadly died whilst there. There was an inquest and he was cremated in Canada before his ashes were brought back to England with his daughter. I am trying to find his death registered so that I can obtain his death certificate but have come to a complete blank, searched on Genesreunited, ancestry.co.uk but nothing. Do they have a records office in Toronto that u can search online?

any help would be gratefully recieved

helen

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Oct 2007 12:49

Have you tried the consular records on Find my Past.not sure if they go up that far tho

Shirley

Have same problem with getting a cert for elder bro who died in spain in 2001 seem his death was only reg in Spanish records and not consular

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Oct 2007 12:54

had a look and Consular records are there for that year says there is One result but i dont suscribe to that site so havent any units to view.

By the way when its say one found doesnt mean its that surname cos its only in the alpha range Eagle - EYRE to search

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Oct 2007 13:18

I think you can order the death certificate through this site:
http://www.vitalcertificates.ca/ontario-vital-certificates.html

Update: Yikes! I just looked at the price of them. Not cheap!

Helen

Helen Report 30 Oct 2007 16:23

Thanks for your help. I will look into those suggestions

BigRedDog

BigRedDog Report 30 Oct 2007 21:54

Helen:
This is a site that I found this information on:
http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/english/interloan/vsmain.htm

1937-Present? Death Registrations after 1936 are still held by the Office of the Registrar General.

Office of the Registrar General
189 Red River Road
P.O. Box 4600
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Canada P7B 6L8

Tel: 416-325-8305
1-800-461-2156 (toll-free in Ontario)

Good Luck

archives canada will lead you to lot of links

Helen

Helen Report 31 Oct 2007 07:31

Thank you Donald, Will give it a go.