Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look for 1942 please Marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Esta

Esta Report 30 Oct 2007 14:12

Would someone be kind enough to look up the following for me:

The marriage of

Richard Monte to Marie Temple Brown (aka Marie Sivado) in 1942, I don't know where the marriage took place but know that they settled on canvay Island after their marriage.

Thanks

Sue

Julie

Julie Report 30 Oct 2007 14:31

Looked for it under Dick Monte (as im not sure what the rest is about) and couldn't see it

See you have now changed your post

Carrie

Carrie Report 30 Oct 2007 14:35

Nothing for Richard, Dick or even a Monte/Monti in 1942 or March Q 1943..

Steph

Steph Report 30 Oct 2007 14:53

Possible Marriage

Mar Qtr 1944

Marie S T Sivado or Brown married Jesse D Williams
District Kerrier, vol 5c page 298

Esta

Esta Report 30 Oct 2007 15:00

It appears that there we travelling showmen but I can't find anything in the way of documents that they were married, had children etc as there appears to be little in the records. Quite frustrating!

Esta

Esta Report 30 Oct 2007 15:02

It all gets stranger and stranger!

Steph

Steph Report 30 Oct 2007 15:11

do you think maybe Richard Monte was his 'stage' name and that the marriage I found is them?

Esta

Esta Report 30 Oct 2007 15:35

He was a showman but as far as I can tell he wasn't known by any other name in 1942. His first marriage was to Carrie Williams and I can't find that marriage either in 1899.

This has been the hardest part of the family tree to find any information out about to be honest. There is information about them on the internet but there's nothing to back it up. According to the information on the web he is the son of a Russian immigrant but according to the census his father was a polish immigrant with an english mother.

Esta

Esta Report 30 Oct 2007 15:36

Steph - is the marriage you've found in the English/Welsh BMD on Ancestry as I can't find it.

Steph

Steph Report 30 Oct 2007 15:43

I found it on findmypast bmd for that quarter.

I searched Sivado, and then under Williams you see the two surnames of Sivado or Brown

hope that helps

Steph

Steph Report 30 Oct 2007 15:57

Found this on Freebmd - He's Richard Monte there.

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1899 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerrans Edith Jessie Islington 1b 420
Lambert Sydney Charles Islington 1b 420
Monte Richard Islington 1b 420
Williams Caroline Islington 1b 420

Steph

Steph Report 30 Oct 2007 15:59

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page

Births Mar 1877 (>99%)

MONTE Richard Edmonton 3a 216

Steph

Steph Report 30 Oct 2007 16:14

Births Sep 1908 (>99%)

Monte Dorothy Islington 1b 188

There are several births on freebmd but this was the only one in Islington.