Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BIRTH RECORD 1857/59

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

murjef

murjef Report 30 Oct 2007 18:16

Could anyone with access please check if a birth record exists for William James Carney born in Liverpool England between 1857/59.
Tks

Carrie

Carrie Report 30 Oct 2007 18:18

I know you said William james But I'll give you whats showing up for 1855 - 1860 Liverpool

Births Mar 1858 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carney William Liverpool 8b 241

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1859 (>99%)

CARNEY William Joseph Liverpool 8b 227

All were found on Freebmd:-

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Carrie

Carrie Report 30 Oct 2007 18:20

Ah ha, Search a bit more and look what you can find...

Births Dec 1861 (>99%)

CARNEY William James Liverpool 8b 73

murjef

murjef Report 30 Oct 2007 18:30

Thanks Carrie:

This boy was 2 years old on the 1861 census. so the first one is a definate possibility. Unless his Mother took 2 years to register him. Is that likely?

Carrie

Carrie Report 30 Oct 2007 18:38

Registration didn't become compulsary until 1874 so not All were registered but in this case I reckon she did and the first one is right and I doubt she took 2 years to register him.

murjef

murjef Report 30 Oct 2007 18:56

Thanks Carrie I will check that one out.