Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rosina Groves - Born East London 1925

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maxine

Maxine Report 31 Oct 2007 14:07

I am trying to trace/find details of my Grandmothers' family.
My Grandmother was born Rosina Groves on 05-09-1925 in East London. She married and became Rosina Wallington.

We do not know a lot about my Grandmothers' family at the moment I'm afraid, however my Mother has told me of my Grandmothers' siblings she remembers:

Amy - We believe was the eldest and married a George Spaull
Rosina (My Grandmother) married Thomas Wallington (Sadly both have now passed away) They had 1 daughter - Jean (my mother)
Elizabeth - (known as Bet) married Charles (Charlie) Brown
Thomas - We believe was the youngest and to my Mothers knowledge did not marry (??)

My Mother does not know her mothers' parents' names, they were just known as "Granny & Granddad Groves"

Any help anyone can offer will be much appreciated!!
If you think you my be related - please do say hi!

Thanks,
Maxine

Linda

Linda Report 31 Oct 2007 14:49

Birth 4th quarter 1925:

Groves, Rosina (mmn Rowland) Mile End Vol 1c Page 389

The certificate will give you her parents' names.