Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 census lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanne

Jeanne Report 1 Nov 2007 16:00

I am hoping someone can help me find William and Sarah Wren both 20ish in age in the 1851 census(which I don't have access to). They were married in Manchester in 1849 age 17her and 20him and all their children were born there so I assume that's where they will be.
Thanks Jeanne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Nov 2007 16:06

Purely for ref..is this the right family in 1861?

Name: William Wren
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1830
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Sarah
Where born: Salford, Lancashire, England

Civil Parish: Manchester
Ecclesiastical parish: St Andrew
County/Island: Lancashire

Registration district: Manchester
Sub-registration district: London Road
ED, institution, or vessel: 13
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 114
Household Members: Name Age
Mary Hewett 51
George Smith 60
Elizabeth Wren 3 Mo
Mark Wren 26
Sarah Wren 29
William Wren 31
William Wren 4

It may be that their census entry for 1851 is among the many damaged ones.........

Reg

Heather

Heather Report 1 Nov 2007 16:06

Jeanne, you can have access to ALL the census both UK and USA for a three day free trial - no card details required. Just use the following addy:

http://landing.ancestry.com/popularmedia/hs1.aspx?landingpage=3DF_nc&o_iid=32618&o_lid=32618&o_it=32845

Jeanne

Jeanne Report 1 Nov 2007 16:12

Yes it is them I fear you are probably right about 1851. I also can't find Sarah Adams in 1841, certainly not with her parents anyway, Manchest must be a black spot.
Thanks for searching
Jeanne

Jeanne

Jeanne Report 1 Nov 2007 16:15

Thanks for that Heather I'll try