Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to Find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 1 Nov 2007 16:52

Trying to find a John Cooper, born Walsall 1829 son of William and Ann nee Carless, would appreciate any information

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 2 Nov 2007 05:47

1841 England Census
about John Cooper
Name: John Cooper
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1827
Where born: Staffordshire, England

Civil Parish: Walsall
Hundred: South Offlow
County/Island: Staffordshire

Street address:

Registration district: Walsall
Sub-registration district: Bloxwich
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Elizabeth Cooper 9
Jane Cooper 60
John Cooper 14
Samuel Cooper 12
William Cooper 45
William Cooper 15

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 2 Nov 2007 21:19

Hello Wayne, many thanks for your reply but this is not the John Cooper I'm looking for. I really should have asked the question where was John Cooper in the later censuses, I have Ancestry.co.uk and cannot locate him anywhere and have searched the burial records for Walsall and surrounding districts without success, he may have left the area at an early age and with a name like John Cooper it would be almost impossible to trace him and as he is not a direct ancestor I will have to be content with the records of him I have, Thanks again, Best Wishes Malcolm

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 3 Nov 2007 05:51

Malcolm why do you say this is not him? do you have specific records to discount this? John is here, with his dad William and William's mother Jane.

Let me know...

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 3 Nov 2007 21:51

Hello Wayne, the John Cooper, I am looking for (bpt 30 Mar 1829 at Walsall), was the son of William Cooper born 1804 at Sheldon and bpt. 12 Mar 1804 at Walsall, he was the son of Abraham Cooper and Hannah Thorney they were married 11 Apr 1802 at St. Martin's, B'ham. I would really like to know what happened to John after the '41 census, he could have died and if a non-conformist minister officiated at the interment the record need not appear in the burial register which strictly was a register of burial services (from 1813 onwards) and not interments but I was hoping that he could be found in the later censuses, I have Ancestry and he does not appear in any up to 1901, Thank you for your reply, Best Wishes, Malcolm