Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Benjamin Bloomfield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 1 Nov 2007 19:08

I'm trying to trace the marriage and death of Benjamin Bloomfield who left New Hartley, Northumberland to begin a new life in the States. He made three voyages; the first in 1897 when the manifesto of the Britannia listed him as visiting his uncle, Thomas Jones in Pittsburg, Kansas. He appeared on the 1900 census as a silver miner in Pitkin, Colorado. Subsequent voyages were always to Pittsburg, Kansas, the last, in 1905 accompanied by his wife, Mrs. Ben Bloomfield - not a lot of help!. He apparently married her in the States and was going home to Pittsburg. I'll be glad if anyone can do research into his whereabouts. Thanks. I've just discovered, thanks to incoming passenger lists on Ancestry that Benjamin's wife's first name was Elizabeth. Can anyone help to find her surname?