Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage Lookup Please Help Needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Nov 2007 22:31

Trying to find the marriage of Francis Griffin to an Anne Durrant or Hambledon(?) sometime around 1830 in a place called Little Whittingham. Not sure but I think this may be in Oxfordshire.

Can anyone help with finding this or pointing me in the right direction of the best place to search?

Many thanks, Michelle

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Nov 2007 22:32

FRANCIS GRIFFIN Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: ANNE DURANT Family
Marriage: 06 APR 1829 Little Wittenham, Berkshire, England

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Nov 2007 22:34

Wow - thanks Sarah, that was quick!!

And thanks Carrie for your IGI tip too.

Michelle

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Nov 2007 22:35

anything else you need ??

sarah

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Nov 2007 22:54

There's only one more thing I'm looking for at the moment and that's another marriage - George Lane of Cranborne, Dorset to Annie Chalk of Lockersley, Hampshire sometime around 1885ish. Haven't had any luck so far and it's proving impossible to find. Not sure where else to look - any ideas???

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Nov 2007 23:01

sorry hun cant find it

sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Nov 2007 23:01

try ancestry.com

sarah

Michelle

Michelle Report 2 Nov 2007 08:49

Thanks for trying Sarah.