Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bernard Bennington

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 2 Nov 2007 20:26

Trying to find Relatives of Bernard Bennington born 30th November 1931 Died February 1991 Plymouth, If it's the Bernard I think it is and was born in North East, he shows up on the Birth Records as 1st Quarter of 1932 Mothers Maiden Name Heslop. If it's that Bernard then he was my Mams Brother and was maybe adopted after his Mothers Death in 1940. Father was Raymond William Bennington and Mother Frances Louisa Bennington nee Heslop, Can anyone confirm or refute this.... Many Thanks. If it's the right one then it's the First sibling i've managed to trace of my mams, she's 70 now and would dearly love to find all of her adopted siblings.

Tony Mitchell [email protected]

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 2 Nov 2007 20:31

Name Date of Birth Registration District Year of Registration Month of Registration
BENNINGTON, Bernard 30 November 1931 Plymouth 1991 February Volume No 21
Page No 2228
Reg No 291
birth
Bernard Bennington mothers maiden name Heslop in Durham vol 10a page 558, 1st qtr 1932. I will check and see if there are any more siblings if you wish?

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 2 Nov 2007 20:35

Jean Bennington mmm Heslop in Lanchester vol 10a page 478, 4th qtr 1934.
Not sure?

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 2 Nov 2007 20:38

Kenneth Bennington mmm Heslop in Lanchester vol 10a page 524, 2nd qtr 1936.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 2 Nov 2007 20:40

found Florence, take it that is your mum, as you say she is now 70.

Anthony

Anthony Report 2 Nov 2007 20:43

Thanks Dorsetbaby Just wasn't sure about Bernard whether it was the same one that was born in Durham. We've found the birth records of the Siblings, Margaret E in 1930, Bernard and Kenneth in 1932 register looks like Kenneth Died, Jean in 1934, another Kenneth in 1936, Florence in 1937 (my Mam), James H in 1940. Have the death Record of the Mother Frances in 1940 also, But as Most if not all the children were adopted they seem to disapear Florence became Margaret Railton in 1942 when she was adopted but it appears the oldest boy never had a name change, trying to trace what happened to all the siblings and see if any living relatives.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 2 Nov 2007 20:44

Margaret E Bennington mmm Heslop Durham vol 10a page 599, 4th qtr 1930.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 2 Nov 2007 20:47

I do hope you manage to find soem living family for your mother. If I come across anything I will let you know. Good luck. With kind regards Donna

Anthony

Anthony Report 2 Nov 2007 20:55

thanks donna