Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please can some one help with Scotland lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

aprilrose

aprilrose Report 2 Nov 2007 21:02

I,m looking for information on my granny's side she was sarah Innes, 1911 kirkintiiloch Scotland., Her mum was Elizabeth Travers, 1888 and father Robert Innes, 183, Married 27/3/1908. Roberts Dad was Duncan Innes, Born i think Mid 1850's, Roberts mum was Mary Dryburgh, Born around 1860, i don't have exact years. Elizabeth's parents were John Travers born around 1860, And sara Derrhohn, born around 1860, again i don't have exact years.

any one who can help with years of birth, birth places, marriages, or deaths, i would be very greatful, Helen

Carrie

Carrie Report 2 Nov 2007 21:05

You can search Scottish BMD on Scotlandspeople, £6 for 30 credits

I'll have a look on the census's for you too or is this where you got the dates from?

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 2 Nov 2007 21:06

You'll need the website

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Look for the parents (Duncan/Mary and John/Sarah) marriages first. They will give you both sets of parents and help you to get back further.

After you have some dates/areas/occupations I(and you dont already have ancestry) come back on here and i'm sure people will help you to look up census details.

Hope thats of some help
Mhairi