Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

masseys /noakes family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eric

Eric Report 3 Nov 2007 13:07

ihave two masseys and i am trying to find more about them 1 elizabeth massey born hanley stoke on trent 1821 circa married a george noakes i n longton catholic chapel st gregory on the 13/5/1844 her father is down as william massey dentist her husband was my great great uncle george noakes born eastbourne sussex down as team bookkeeper on marriage certbut in the 1881 census as team owner employing 12 men aged 61 elizabeth 60 (2) mary massey again born in hanley stoke 1851 married the son of george namely john noakes in liverpoolat st bennett chapel netherton on the 2/9/1869 marriage cert puts ages as john 24 mary at 18 again her father is down aswilliam occupation dentist 1881 census puts john as35 and mary as 30 living at 177walton lane kirkdale liverpool nb george and elizabeth are living at 53 merton rd bootle cum linacre lanc near liverpool any information on eachs mother and other family i have the noakes as they are related to my mother regards eric

David

David Report 3 Nov 2007 13:49

Mary Massey c1851 is on the 1851 census with her family:

In Bucknell New Road, Hanley:

William Massey c1826 Hanley, Mechanical Dentist
Emma c1827 Northwood
Lucy c1846 Hanley
John c1848 Hanley
Elizabeth c1850 Hanley
Mary c1851 Hanley

In 1841 in Hanley:

John Massey c1783, Surgeon Dentist
Lucretia? c1788
Jane c1817?
Emma c1821
William c1826

freeBMD does have the birth of a Lucretia Massey in 1846 (possibly Lucy).

Eric

Eric Report 3 Nov 2007 19:50

thank you dfor your information eric no news on elizabeth massey regards eric