Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

look up marriage certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Nov 2007 21:20

I would appreciate it if some kind person could see if they could find a marriage certificate for a Margaretta Laycock and William John Bligh Connell(O'Connell). My gt grandfather was born to them in Dublin 1843. Margaretta died in 1843. Also if there is a birth certificate I would appreciate info on that also. I know it's a big ask especially coming out of Ireland, but I have hit a brick wall on this. THANKING YOU. Regards Patricia.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Nov 2007 21:31

Did the Irish issue certs as early as that?

Reg

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Nov 2007 21:34

Hi Reggie,
I do not know. I thought I would try to see if anyone could help me. I am only relatively new to this so really don't know when certificates started.
Regards Patricia.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Nov 2007 21:58

Just googled...........

Births
Civil registration commenced in 1864 but many Irish records were destroyed in 1922. Records from 1864 to 1922, for all Ireland, and from 1922 for the ...

AND

Ireland civil registration of marriages commenced on 1st April 1845, with Roman Catholic marriages commencing later on 1st January 1864. Pre-1922 records are available from local district council offices and records from 1st January 1922 are available from the General Register Office.

Reg

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Nov 2007 22:05

Hi Reg,
Thank you very much for that info. I will give it a go and see what I can find.
Best Wishes. Patricia.