Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help this brick walls back

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 4 Nov 2007 08:28

Ive gotten stuck on a Margaret YULL/ YULE in my tree.

On the marriage certificate to George Anderson in 1849 she is put as Margaret Yule and on the birth certificate of their twin daughters in 1850 she is put as Margaret YULL.

Ive hit a wall trying to trace her parents. She was from scotland but i cant find anything about her. The only possible thing i may have is that one of her parents was 'Brown'.

Can anyone help?

Samantha

Samantha Report 4 Nov 2007 10:21

Karen

My apologys

I know margaret was married in scotland but her marriage certificate only has basic thigns writen on. It says that margaret yull married geroge anderson and the date and that is about it - also it is hand written like diary from and liek i said very basic.

I do know she was married in 1849 so i would have guessed she was in her 20's? and her twin daughters were born in 1850.

apologys that i cant be of more help
Samantha