Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage look up norwich please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvette

Yvette Report 4 Nov 2007 10:29

hi all, i would be so grateful if anyone could possibly do a marriage look up for me at the records offfice or online somehow.

It is for Thomas Storer who married Sarah Burlidge/Burliegh. 12/10/1752 at Norwich St Mary in the Marsh

I am trying to find out where Thomas was born, and as yet have had no luck on the baptism's, so i wondered if this info may have been put on the marriage entry.

I went to a family history fair yesterday in Surrey, in the hope of being able to find a cd or something,they had societies from all over but not Norwich!

I have been trying for ages to go back another generation and Thomas is the last link i have.

I have to go off line now so please dont think i am being rude if i dont reply right away.

Thank you in advance to anyone offering any help

yvette

Yvette

Yvette Report 4 Nov 2007 17:55

just a nudge.

Heather

Heather Report 4 Nov 2007 18:08

Not that Im saying these people are related - but what was your guys occupation? Just in case this chap is a rellie? Heigham is very close to Norwich (part of Norwich now) From ancestry:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norfolk: Norwich - Index of Wills, Consistory Court of Norwich, 1751-1818
Marriages
Diocese of Norwich Wills Proved in the Consistory Court 1751-1818
Orders for the poor
County: Norfolk
1758 Storer, William, Heigham by Norwich, bricklayer 39 Dunham

Yvette

Yvette Report 5 Nov 2007 08:07

hi Heather, thanks for the info, sorry i haven't replied sooner, hubby hogs the computer all sunday evening! (while he is watching the football!!!) Anyway, i dont have any occupation, the only info i have is
Thomas storer m Sarah Burliegh/burlidge 12/10/1752
at Norwich St mary in the marsh. Buried Fressingfield - suffolk 29/9/1774 and sarah's burial 5/2/1803. I am stuck because i cant find a baptism for Thomas, so i cant go back any further. I wondered if i found the marriage entry whether it may state where he was born, very frustrating as i am sure you know. I do appreciate your help and interest, thanks a lot best wishes yvette