Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage look up?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 4 Nov 2007 21:35

I am trying to find the Marriage reference (volume & page number) for Godfrey Dyer and Dorothy Hill married in Leeds not sure when, but Godfrey was born in 1913, so could have been arround 1933?

Grateful for any help

Keith

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Nov 2007 21:36

When was first child born?

Reg

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Nov 2007 21:42

There's nothing in 1933, 1934 or 1935.

Kath. x

Keith

Keith Report 4 Nov 2007 21:51

Reggie. Can't be sure when first child was born, but I would guess about 1960 and was either Leslie or Karen

With thanks
Keith

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Nov 2007 21:54

I wouldn't have thought that they would have married in the 1930's if the first child wasn't born until approx. 1960.

Was this a second marriage for them?

Kath. x

Steph

Steph Report 4 Nov 2007 21:58

Here it is

Mar qtr 1960
Godfrey Dyer to Dorothy Hill
Leeds, vol 2c page 622

Steph

Keith

Keith Report 4 Nov 2007 21:59

Hi Kathleen. No, this was their first marriage. I really am guessing, but you are probably right, possibly married nearer 1940.

With thanks
Keith

Keith

Keith Report 4 Nov 2007 22:03

Thanks so much Steph. My guess work would have left me looking for ever.

Keith