Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harry Porter Hill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 4 Nov 2007 22:44

I'm trying to help a friends find out about her father's family, all I have to go on is his marriage cert and a bit of hearsay!

My friends father was Denis Michael Hill he married Gwendoline Jean Heard in All Saints church, Baschurch, Shropshire on 23rd May 1942. His father was Harry Porter Hill who was a Wharfinger and transport contractor, in London. The family hearsay is that he owned a wharf there and that he was Irish and left there under a cloud. There is also some rumour about a sister in Ireland who had to be supported financially by the family after Harry had died.

His son Denis was 23 in 1942 so I'm guessing that Harry was born before the 1901 census I can't find him on the English one, does anyone out there know how to access the Irish records? I'm going around in circles at the mo!

Anne

tory

tory Report 5 Nov 2007 12:53

hi if you go to records inis is offering irish lookups