Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please does ancestry include NI (northern Ireland)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Nov 2007 09:42

am looking for any info on a John Farley of Mullalongfield, Benburb parish of clonfeacle. he was a farmer.
he had a son Francis who was a carpenter. the son was born 1860, so presume John Farley was born c1840.

also looking for Owen McNicholl, again a farmer - of Drain, Benburb -parish of clonfeacle. he had daughters catherine and Martha. catherine born 1863 and martha c1865. think Owen the father was born 1840.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Nov 2007 09:51

No NI records on Ancestry

Reg

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Nov 2007 10:11

yes they are mine. Got marriage certificate today - witnesses are no relation that i can see ( Henry Kelly & James Moore)

father of francis is John Farley of mullalongfield - a farmer.
father of catherine is Owen McNicholl, a farmer of drain.

catherine was 19 and francis was 22, a carpenter.

i have certificate and wondered where i go next for info. was hoping ancestry might be a start but i guess not. they are in Northern Ireland and i was hoping it would come under UK.

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Nov 2007 10:13

thanks Inis, ill take a look at those other names.. dont have much to go on but very very hopeful.

thanks
xx

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Nov 2007 10:15

inis, can i ask - are there any Mcnicholl or Mcnickles in benburb please?

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Nov 2007 10:20

thanks a million

have left message on guestbook of clonfeacle parish.

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Nov 2007 10:29

thanks for looking.

not quite sure where to go from here. have left message on clonfeacle parish board and have checked other website - nothing i can see there that will help.

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Nov 2007 10:45

thanks. ill try what ever i can. I contacted GRONI and they only have births from 1864 so thats a dead end too.