Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census & Birth/Baptism Look-Up - Manchester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annie

Annie Report 5 Nov 2007 13:03

Very grateful if someone could do me a 1901 Census look-up for my paternal Grandmother Ellen Hunt (born 1895). Her parents were John and Maria (nee Walsh). I know Ellen was born in Manchester but by the time my Dad was born in 1922 she was in Sheffield. (Tho she was 'sent' to Leeds to have my dad as she was unmarried at the time so I'm guessing there were relatives there.)

If its possible to do a birth or baptism check that would be great too - they were Catholics if that helps at all.

I most interested in the origins of Ellen's parents and what they did for a living. There's always been talk of an Irish connection but no actual evidence of it. I'd like to find out what I can about Ellen as it seems I've no hope of finding out who my Dad's father was because nobody was named on his birth certificate.

Thanks in advance of any help you can give me!

Annie

June

June Report 5 Nov 2007 13:24

Hi Annie , Sorry i cant find this family
in 1901.
do you have any other names

June x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Nov 2007 13:58

I can't find them either.

How do you know Ellen was born Mancester in 1895 if you haven't got her birth or the 1901 census record?

27 would be fairly old to be sent away for being unmarried.

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Nov 2007 14:03

There are these two families in Lancashire with John and Maria Hunt as parents but no Ellen with either:-

Name Parent or spouse names Birth Year BIRTHPLACE Relation Civil Parish County/Island

John Hunt Maria abt 1855 Oldham, Lancashire, England Head Oldham Lancashire

John Hunt Maria abt 1866 Salford, Lancashire, England Head Salford Lancashire

Kath. x

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 5 Nov 2007 14:06

do you if she married .that would give her age and a dads name