Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage look-up Scoble/Fowler - Plymouth, Devon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anita

Anita Report 6 Nov 2007 10:37

Please could anyone do me a very big favour and do a "look-up" for me? I want to obtain a marriage certificate for my grandparents - Percy Palmer Scoble and Florence Fowler, I think they would have married between 1920 and 1940 in Plymouth. I have no further information on them - sorry its so vague.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Nov 2007 10:40

That is up to 80 images to look at.

You must have some idea of when any children were born

Pete

Pete Report 6 Nov 2007 11:02

I will take a look on the Plymouth Marriage index and see if their marriage is recorded.

It isn't listed, although not all Plymouth marriages are listed in Vol1. I think that the registry office marriages are on Vol2.

Anita

Anita Report 6 Nov 2007 11:35

Hi to you all,

Many thanks for your help. They had children that died in the 1930's and my guess is they married in the 30's. My g-father died when my father was very young and his wife didn't disclose very much about her life or her husband. Therefore all my research is based upon best guesses and loads of very kind assistance. I would be very grateful for any help as I honestly don't know what to do......

Pete

Pete Report 6 Nov 2007 12:22

Found it!
Year 1928
Qtr Apr-Jun
Name SCOBLE Percy P
Spouse FOWLER
District Exeter
Volume 5b
Page 243

Corresponding entry for Florence M FOWLER

Anita

Anita Report 6 Nov 2007 12:32

Pete - you are a star .... thank you VERY much.... I am delighted I can now gain their marriage cert. I'm really sorry that I couldn't provide more information..... Many thanks also to everyone else involved with this search.