Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parke's - Suffolk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emily

Emily Report 6 Nov 2007 16:17

I am trying to find any relatives of Henry Parke. I have a lot of info on the Parke’s but I don’t have any info on any of Henry brothers and sisters and their children. Henry Parke was born in Suffolk in 1883 and went on to marry Annie Felton. He died in 1967 and one of his children – Joan is my grandmother.

I have Henry’s siblings as:

Edward
Thomas
William
Mary
Catherine
John
Robert
Grace
Frances

Any relations please contact me as not only would I be interested to hear from you but so would my granny.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 6 Nov 2007 17:29

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1910
Felton Annie L Kingston 2a 850
Fetton Annie L Kingston 2a 850
Parke Henry Kingston 2a 850
I know you probably already have this but it helps to know what their middle intial is. Makes it a bit easier to find them that way.
Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1911

Parke Edward C Felton Samford 4a 1922
his death
Name Date of Birth Registration District Year of Registration Month of Registration
PARKE, Edward Charles 29 June 1911 S E Hants 1988 August Volume No 20
Page No 1523
Reg No 888

Moggie

Moggie Report 6 Nov 2007 18:30

Hi Emily
I did a lot of research into the Parke family several years ago and was able to prove a link to the Colman (mustard) family. Do you have this info? I am sure I still have all the paperwork; I never throw anything away.
Maureen

Emily

Emily Report 7 Nov 2007 15:55

Maureen,

So strange you should ay this because my Granny is sure that her father told her that there was a link to Colman mustard!! We have not yet found it though. I would be very interested to hear anything you know.

Emily

Moggie

Moggie Report 7 Nov 2007 17:47

Hi Emily
I found all the paperwork on the Parke family and there's lots of it. Briefly, by looking at your list of Parke children I have worked out that their parents were Thomas Parke born 1846 Eye, Suffolk and Rebecca Gaymer who were married in 1872. His parents were James Parke born 1812 Hoxne Suffolk and Mary Ann Colman who married in 1833 at Thrandeston Suffolk. Mary Ann Colman baptised 26th March 1808 at Forncett St Peter was the daughter of Jeremiah Colman (not the mustard one) born c1761 and Sarah Green who married 22nd July 1802 at Forncett St Peter. Jeremiah's parents were Henry Colman and Martha Bush who married 10th Sept 1750 at Wymondham Norfolk. I have a copy of a Colman family tree ( not compiled by me) which goes back a couple more generations. I also have a copy of Henry's will and also his father's will. The family link is that Mary Ann Colman and Jeremiah Colman (1777-1851) who founded Colman's Mustard Co were 2nd cousins. I do have a lot more info but most of my notes are hand written so I will need to type it out so that I can pass it on to you.
Maureen

Emily

Emily Report 9 Nov 2007 10:19

Thank you so much for the information – I have relayed it to my Granny and she was very interested.

Can I ask how you are linked to the Parke family? I have allowed access to my tree so you can see what I have on them.