Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

edward Abraham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

karole

karole Report 8 Nov 2007 21:32

1901 cencus for 11 foggs marsh lane farm yard ince in makerfeild
edward abraham aged 40 coal hewer Edward Abraham aged 15 coal hewer ,Jane Abraham aged 40 Elizabeth Richard Sarah John and Herbert abraham all born Wigan .My grandfather was Richard Abraham who's twin james died aged 1yr. Any info on my relatives
i would appreciate Regards Carole

David

David Report 8 Nov 2007 21:57

Carole

On earlier census Edward can be found under the surname Abrams.

In 1891 in 11 Foggs Lane:

Class: RG12; Piece: 3060; Folio 44; Page 13; GSU roll: 6098170.

Edward Abrams c1860 St Helens, Coal Miner
Jane c1862 Wigan
John Fairhurst c1883 Wigan, Son
Edward Abrams c1886 Wigan
Elizabeth c1888 Wigan
Richard c1890 Wigan
James? c1890 Wigan

In 1881 and 1871 there is a possible named Abrams with his parents in Hindley, and in 1861 the same Edward is indexed as Abrahams and living in Unstone, Derbyshire

Dave

SueS

SueS Report 8 Nov 2007 22:11

think this is Edward and Jane's marriage

In the results below, the reference number will be a link to a printable application which can be used to order the certificate for the index entry. Full details of the charges and the Register Office address can be found on the form.

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1887
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
ABRAHAMS Edward FAIRHURST Jane St. George,Wigan Wigan & Leigh C30/6/262

also sent pm