Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is there any kind person in the London area who co

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Nov 2007 10:50

I am trying to find out information on an Emma WHEELER (nee RODGERS).

She married Robert Edward WHEELER at St Pancras Register Office on 15th June 1929, aged 19 years. Her father was James WHEELER.

On 21st December 1929 she had a son also named Robert Edward and by the time his birth was registered on 30th December Emma had died.

I have just ordered her death certificate but the birth we ordered for her was wrong. I have ordered a second birth cert spelt ROGERS and have to wait and see if this is her.

Is there anyone out the who could possibly access newspaper records for that time to see if her death is recorded and if that gives us any more clues as to who she and her family was.

Many Thanks

Dawn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Nov 2007 10:55

Can you check your info, Dawn

You seem to have the wrong name for Emma's father...........

Reg

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Nov 2007 11:00

Hi Reg

It definately says James on her marriage certificate.

Do you have info that is different???

Dawn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Nov 2007 11:01

HER father would not be Wheeler..........or would he?

Reg

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Nov 2007 11:04

Sorry my mistake!!!

He was James RODGERS!!!

Dawn:(

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Nov 2007 11:09

Is the 'wrong' birth cert the one for OND 1909 in Sheffield? Just for elimination.............

What was her father's occupation?

Do the names of the witnesses hold any clues?

Reg

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Nov 2007 14:42

Yes the wrong birth is the Sheffield one.

Her father was a general labourer (very helpful)

The witnesses were the grooms father and a name I am unable to read but is a lady called Annie and looks like Farminger??

Thanks for your help

Dawn