Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

james brittain 1781

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 9 Nov 2007 17:09

Iam trying to find out any info about james brittain born about 1781 in staffordshire, he was married to mary green also born staffordshire about 1796. They had 4 children joseph 1813, george 1826, james 1832 and benjamin 1836. All were born in staffordshire I think. Any info would be great thanks dawn.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 9 Nov 2007 17:11

Which censuses do you already have them on. Do you have the baptisms etc?
There is no point spending time looking for information which you already have

Linda

Gary

Gary Report 9 Nov 2007 17:22

The only info I have is that james 1781 was baptised at st bartholemws wednesbury.dawn

Sue C

Sue C Report 9 Nov 2007 17:30

This looks like the family in 1841.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRITAIN, James M 60 Staffordshire
BRITAIN, Mary F 45 Staffordshire
BRITAIN, Joseph M 25 Staffordshire
BRITAIN, George M 15 Staffordshire
BRITAIN, James M 9 Staffordshire
BRITAIN, Benjamin M 2 Staffordshire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
HO107 Piece:
984 Book/Folio:
2/39 Page:

Registration District:
West Bromwich Sub District:
Wednesbury EnumerationDistrict:
Ecclesiastical Parish:

Civil Parish:
Wednesbury Municipal Borough:
Address:
Darlaston Road, Wednesbury County:
Staffordshire

Gary

Gary Report 9 Nov 2007 17:43

Thanks dawn.

Gary

Gary Report 9 Nov 2007 17:46

Is there anyway of finding who james's parents were as I have got no idea thanks dawn.

Gary

Gary Report 9 Nov 2007 20:12

james was born in 1781 and mary was born 1796 so they wouldn't have got married until quite early in the 1800's. Their first child was born about 1813.Any idea on a marriage date would be good also I would love to know who james born 1781 parents were Thanks Dawn.