Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help for Scottish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Billy

Billy Report 9 Nov 2007 18:52

Hi

I am looking for details for a few relatives if anyone can help.

I have a few people and i seem to be hitting a brick wall

Elizabeth Fullerton or Fullarton (nee Millar)
need a DOB and Date of Death.

she married David Fullerton 1864-1938 at Stoneybriggs, Parish of Brechin on 07/07/1885.
and her parents were Alexander Millar and Elizabeth Millar (nee McGuire), i hope thats sufficient details -i dont have any more info on the parents.

also looking for info on Helen Watson (nee Leighton), needing a date of death, she was born 27/02/1855 in the Parish of Cathlar (needs confirmed)and married to David Watson on 17/07/1885 at North Whitehalls, Forfar

Can anyone please advice, i have been to OPR and struggled with these areas

Cheers

Billy

Kate

Kate Report 9 Nov 2007 23:10

Hi Billy, Scotlands people is an excellent pay to view site for scottish records, £6 for 30 credits, 1 credit per search and 5 credits to view. the image. you can even print off the images, the site addy is wwwdotscotlandlandspeopledotgovdotuk.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Nov 2007 23:24

Do you have the 1938 death cert for David?
Was Elizabeth the informant?

Billy

Billy Report 10 Nov 2007 09:27

hi

io have tried scotlands people, but found it very expensive and since going back into after a short period away, i can no longer vuew the saved searches so have sort of given up on it and try and get to the GRO when possible

as for the certificate, for davids death it says married to Elizabeth (Carnegie?) Millar and doesnt say deceased so may still be alive but the body was signed for by David Fullerton (presuambly a son)

Hope this is sufficient information for yourself

Cheers

Billy

Billy Report 10 Nov 2007 13:10

please help!!