Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could someone do a Scottish 1901 census lookup for

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 10 Nov 2007 15:36

I have tried Scotlands People but maybe I am just missing it but looking for a Nicholas John Carney (hairdresser) or just Nicholas Carney who would be aged about 47, because he was 57 in September1911 when he died in Glasgow Lanark area..I think he would be in Glasgow/Lanak in the 1901 but not sure. His wifes name was Margaret Carney, she later shows up in Dundee where she died, cant find her in any census either.

Thank you Betty

Heather

Heather Report 10 Nov 2007 15:40

Hmm, Carney is an Irish name, isnt it? This chaps a labourer: Have we got any childrens names to search for?

Name: Nicholas Carney
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1848
Relationship: Head
Spouse's name : Margerite
Where born: England
Registration Number: 426
Registration district: Dysart
Civil Parish: Dysart
Town: Dysart
County: Fife
Address: 3 Dovecot Crescent
ED: 3
Page: 14 (click to see others on page)
Household schedule number: 71
Line: 8
Roll: CSSCT1901_137
Household Members: Name Age
Agnes Carney 15
Francis Carney 6
Joseph Carney 4
Margerite Carney 47
Margerite A Carney 21
Nicholas Carney 53
Nicholas Carney 14
Patrick Carney 11
Teresa Carney 16

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 10 Nov 2007 15:52

Hi Heather,

It is an Irish name, they came over to Scotland and the only thing I can find is the daughters of Nicholas my grandmother Mary Carney and her sister Catherine Carney marriages. Mary married in Dundee in 1903 and Catherine Carney married also in Dundee in 1906.

The only information I have on the Parents is their deaths. I just can't find them in the 1901, spent a fortune on Scotlands People doing census and marriages, just couldn't find the correct family.

Nicholas Carney the father died in Glasgow 1911 aged 57.
Betty