Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Carsington family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Juelz

Juelz Report 11 Nov 2007 14:44

I have found a marriage on family search for a member of my family. A Hannah Sturge married a John Carsington in Framton Cotterell 1778.
This name Carsington only appears on the family search site three times. I have even googled it and it appears to be a place name in Derbyshire.
Can anyone find any carsingtons on the census anywhere.?

Julie

Nicki

Nicki Report 11 Nov 2007 14:47

There is this one on the 1861

Household CARSINGTON, John 50 M West Ham

Dont think it is of any help to you though.

Juelz

Juelz Report 11 Nov 2007 14:53

Thanks Nicola.

I think it must be a misspelling. Nothing coming up on bmd either.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Nov 2007 14:54

There are 2 Carsington christenings on the BVRI discs:
Thomas christened 7 Aug.1748
John christened 5 Aug.1750
Both in Stone, Staffordshire with parents John & Sarah.

Potty

Potty Report 11 Nov 2007 14:55

The only thing coming up on Ancestry is for the Public Phone box No in Carsington! There is a parish/Probate record but it gives very little info:
England: - Calendar of Chancery Proceedings, Bills and Answers filed in the reign of King Charles the First, (A-D)
Bundle C. 42.
County: General
27 Carson als. Carsington, Stone,rector

Juelz

Juelz Report 11 Nov 2007 14:56

Hi Margaret.

Yours looks interesting. The John would be about the right age.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Nov 2007 14:59

There are also 2 Carsington marriages on BVRI, both in Stone, Staffordshire:

John Carsington married Sarah Burgess 12 Jan.1747
Sarah Carsington married Thomas Snow 2 Jun.1754

Juelz

Juelz Report 11 Nov 2007 15:06

That looks like the parents of john and thomas, and possibly Sarahs second marriage?

Potty

Potty Report 11 Nov 2007 15:17

That Parish/Probate record, could it mean that somebody called Carsington was the Rector at Stone? If you google St Michael, Stone, Staffordshire, there is an email option for the current vicar, maybe there is a list of encumbents in the church with a Carsington on it?

Juelz

Juelz Report 11 Nov 2007 15:18

I Think I have it. The name may be Carrington. There is a baptism for a John Carrington in Westerleigh 1754.

Why is it that I can spend hours searching and when I ask for help the answer seems to appear.

Thanks everone

Julie