Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

war records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 11 Nov 2007 18:06

Hi,i was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm trying to trace details of my great grandad George Heywood. He married my great gran Sarah Dulson before he went off to the first world war,but was killed in action. They had a daughter Georgina,but i dont think he ever got to meet her.She was born in 1915,and they came from Newcastle under lyme. Where would be the best place to trace records of his death?

Regards

julie

Linda

Linda Report 11 Nov 2007 18:10

Try the CWGC:

http://www.cwgc.org/search/SearchResults.aspx?surname=heywood&initials=g&war=0&yearfrom=1914&yearto=1919&force=&nationality=6&send.x=20&send.y=11

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 11 Nov 2007 18:10

www.cwwg
Common Wealth Wargraves Commission have lists of those killed in action

Julie

Julie Report 11 Nov 2007 18:14

thanks cagsie thats brilliant.. :o)

Julie

Julie Report 11 Nov 2007 18:17

thanks guys for the info :o)

much appreciated..x